Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Break: Days 1 & 2


I'm not counting Friday since Friday was spent narrowly avoiding deadline disaster.

Saturday and today ought to be tossed out too since they were both spent in the same way: Trying to escape from the IKEA store. For those of you who have never been inside of one, they are massive, and they are built specifically to prevent you from simply breezing through one or from finding anything you are looking specifically for with anything like ease. They are large and full of inventory, and you can't really make your way around without following the little arrows on the floor. I'm not sure what happens if there is a fire in IKEA, because I promise you that you would have to zig-zag your way out through all the cheap furniture, maybe being fortunate enough to find the shortcut to lighting that promises to be near the end of your frugal adventure/trek/camping trip. It was pretty exhausting, on the whole, although I did really enjoy the "Living in 25 Square Feet" displays.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I've always thought Ikea was pretty cool but I've seldom bought anything there-- I think I'm always too overwhelmed.