Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Inbox Has Been Violated


The car's not back yet, but, hey, I'm getting emails from this guy!

Keep in mind, that I never signed up for his e-mailings in the first place.

In the summer of 2004, I found myself getting e-mails about local community events, politics, and what-not. I used their automatic e-mailing removal doohickey, and it didn't work. I e-mailed a direct request to be removed from further e-mails which received a rather unfriendly response, but I didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to last week. Last week, I got another e-mail from them. I followed their emailing removal procedure again, which can be found in the e-mails but NOT immediately off the front page of the site, and again thought not much of it. Then, I got another e-mail a couple of days later. I did the little auto-procedure again, and e-mailed the webmaster to remove me from the list.

What follows is the e-mail trail of ridiculousness. All of these have happened today, excluding my first e-mail requesting removal. You'll note the little snotty jibes and jabs over my automatic e-mail signature. The spelling has also been preserved for you, my gentle readers. And, yes, he did sign everything "Webmaster" (whereas other titles I've simply changed to protect...well...those involved).

-----------------------------------

E-mail #1
From: Oso
Sent: Mon 5/28/2007 7:00 PM
To: The Guy
Subject: Stop It

Please stop e-mailing me. I have removed myself from your list at least three times that I can remember, and I am sick of it.

*****************
Oso del Sol
My Law School
Class of 2008

E-mail #2

From: The Guy
Sent: Wed 5/30/2007 7:05 AM
To: Oso
Subject: Re: Stop It

Well if you are sick take two aspirins and try again in the morning.

Webmaster
Real World Medicine & Law
Class of 65

E-mail #3

From: Oso
Sent: Wed 5/30/2007 8:05 AM
To: The Guy
Subject: Re: Stop It

Cute, but does that mean I'm off the list? Because I haven't lived in Florida in six years and am not moving back in the foreseeable future.

*****************
Oso del Sol
My Law School
Class of 2008

E-mail #4


From: The Guy
Sent: Wed 5/30/2007 10:21 AM
To: Oso
Subject: RE: Stop It

We have thousands of reader not living in Florida. If you wish to be
removed from a mailing list, you need to follow the automatic removal
instructions included with each mailing.

These automatic removal instructions were designed and tested in a public
school 3rd class. The entire class passed the testing procedures. If you
have trouble understanding the instructions, you need to add "Democrat in
Training" to your signature line.

Oso del Sol
Democrat in Training
My Law School
Class of 2008

If I were you, I would simply ask my adult supervisor how to enter my Email
and click the submit button.
That would save you a lot of personal embracement in later life.

Webmaster

E-mail #5

From: Oso
Sent: Wed 5/30/2007 10:42 AM
To: The Guy
Subject: RE: Stop It

I've followed the instructions 3 different times. It is not my fault that your system doesn't work. If I get another gulf1 e-mail, I'm going to be contacting the Better Business Bureau and any other proper authorities towards ending the abuse and harassment.

****************************************
Oso del Sol
My Law School
Class of 2008

E-mail #6

From: The Guy
Sent: Wed 5/30/2007 11:07 AM
To: Oso
Subject: RE: Stop It

Have fun, however you will be substantially more successful by correctly
using our "working" automatic removal instructions.

As a future liberal Democrat lawer, you need to realize that the Better
Business Bureau has absolutely no capability to solve your problem.

As for the "proper authorties," you need to contact Algore. Afterall he
created the Internet with Hillary's help. :-)

Keep trying you will get there...........

-----------------------------------

The upshot of all of this is that I spent a bit today talking to and e-mailing the nice people down at the Florida Attorney General's office.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's AWESOME custom service!! 4 stars!!

Ann said...

Jerk (him, not you).

OsoDelSol said...

Yeah, that pretty much all captures it. I'll post an update over the weekend. Apparently he wasn't such a great guy to the attorney general lady either.

Also, there are more places for me to send his name to that have the words "Internet fraud" in their names.