Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dead Mousie


My other original mousie is dead (Holly). She looked pretty bad when I got home from school, so I took her outside to enjoy the nice sunshine and fresh air before the inevitable. She was dead before the sun even went down.

I don't think I'm going to replace her. They are supposed to be social creatures in need of companionship, but (1) establishing a new pecking order may kill them anyway and (2) Kendra seems to be doing fine on her own. If she starts to pine, I think I may just let her out too. Introducing a new mousie to the habitat is way stressful, and she really seems to be happy not to be sharing the wheel.

Maybe next time a gerbil. They live longer.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Have you considered getting a guinea pig? They're cute, cuddly, and if you get sick of them, they go great with potatoes and a beet salad.

http://craiglpankratz.blogspot.com/2006/11/appetizer-for-thanksgiving.html

OsoDelSol said...

Oh no!!! It still looks like a guinea pig too! :( Now I don't think I can have one.

Plus, I don't think it would be able to fit in the little tubes of the cage I already own.