Thursday, May 31, 2007

Because I Need Another Reason to Cry


I talked to my mother tonight, and she offered me the embroidered handkerchief that she carried when she married my father. I was really surprised since they have been divorced (and not in a way where they are still particularly civil to each other) since I was eight. It meant a whole lot to me--especially since I would have thought such a thing would have been burnt in effigy over a decade ago.

Thanks, Mom, for adding something beautiful to an arduous day of expensive and inconvenient car repairs, painful transitions and partings, e-mails from random internet orifices, and overall exhaustion.

And thanks to Ann, Little Man, and Conservative Son for turning my evening around (even though they may not have known that's what they were doing).

No comments: