Monday, April 09, 2007

The Bachelor


Sorry I'm so behind. Lots has been going on on school, job, and family fronts, most of it not good, even if not bad. Very exhausting. Anyway! I've been asked by Ann for my thoughts on The Bachelor. The best way I can sum it up is that I'm watching. I feel dirty for watching because I feel it has no redeeming value, but, darnit, I'm watching.

Pros:
  • It's one more way to procrastinate.
  • She's being classy on national television.
  • Maybe it will turn out to be very good for her in one way or another, although I can't help but feel this will not lead to lifelong true love because, let's face it, the odds don't favor it.
Cons:
  • Like I said. No redeeming value.
  • She's so pretty. I like looking at her.
  • I don't feel it will end well.
  • Tequila cake.
  • Most of these girls terrify me, and I don't want to think of Alexis as being in any way associated with them.
  • She isn't getting much air-time, although this is largely due to the fact that she's not making a fool of herself.
  • That girl is brilliant, hard working, gorgeous, etc.
    • Why hasn't someone snapped her up?
      • Shame on all the men she's met in regular life.
      • Shame on her for settling on this method of finding someone.
    • Her degree is already worth so much more than mine. Please do something with it. Something more directly related to it.
That being said, (1) I'm still watching, and (2) I like Alexis although I hardly know her, and I want this to end well for her and not in cattiness, heartbreak, and the other hallmarks of the series. In other words, I want her to beat the odds, lol.

No comments: