Sunday, February 11, 2007

Soon

I got a text message today from S, a good friend of mine from back home, that her husband will be coming back from his second tour in Iraq a week from Tuesday. I know she'll be so happy to have him back, and we'll all be terribly relieved. He's a Marine, and he's been hit by two roadside bombs in the last month or so. Providentially, he is alright--just ready to be back home.



My other friend, H, has longer to go. Her husband also got hit by a roadside bomb a couple of weeks ago, but he just got there on his second trip as well with the Navy.

Both of these girls have spent more than 75% of their marriages with their menfolk overseas serving our country. I can't even imagine how difficult that must be for all involved, but I am glad that there are men and women willing to serve and others willing to be their support in keeping the homefires burning.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I wish this war would end. But, even so, military members and their families have always made sacrifices that few of us know about, understand or appreciate.

OsoDelSol said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Do I think we should still be over there? Not so much. Am I impressed by those who serve anyway? Absolutely.