Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Are You Freakin' Kidding Me?

This is an ad for a cartoon. A cartoon I rather happen to love. Apparently, the good people of Boston thought that it was a BOMB of some kind. Nice.

Here's the article. Read it and check back in with me.

Ok. I want all the idots who thought this was a bomb to sit down and listen closely. Are you ready? Ok.

IT LOOKS LIKE A LITE-BRITE. FOR GOODNESS' SAKES TRY TO GET OUT MORE.

If that had been me, I would not have been admitting that I seriously thought this was a bomb. Seriously. I'm flustered. This is so ridiculous that this is rEdiculous. That's how stupid.

Here are some gems from the governmental types in Boston who had so little shame that they admitted to this:

  • "It had a very sinister appearance," Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires."
  • "I just think this is outrageous, what they've done ... It's all about corporate greed."
(Um, of course it is. It's an AD CAMPAIGN.)
  • Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis called it "unconscionable" that the marketing campaign was executed in a post 9/11 era. "It's a foolish prank on the part of Turner Broadcasting," he said. "In the environment nowadays ... we really have to look at the motivation of the company here and why this happened." (Prank? Can really call it a prank if it is a marketing campaign? What about the "I Pooted" billboards? That's closer to a prank to me.)
  • Earlier, Boston police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll called Wednesday's incidents "a colossal waste of money." (Pretty much. I can agree with the statement, if not the motivation for it.)
OK, I have to stop. It's just too stupid; I'm going to start bleeding out my eye sockets. Even better, these people want to have Turner (the company) prosecuted and to bring civil suit.

If you want to see another side of things (i.e., if you are not content with CNN's sucking the collective teat of the
dimmer bulbs of Boston,) you can find one here.

Thanks to Cat for destroying my faith in humanity again. For that, you get a Hand Banana. I know that it's just what you wanted.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the headline of "FAKE BOMBS IN BOSTON" or whatever it was, I understood why everyone was freaked out.

Then I looked at the picture. And I thought "Wait, I know what that is."

Does anyone really think a bomb would be giving everyone the finger? I mean, that would be pretty funny (in a totally not-amusing sort of way) to have the bomb give people the finger right before it blew them up.

OH MY GOD LIGHTS AND WIRES!!! LIGHTS AND WIRES!!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING OH NOEZ!!!!!!111one!!!

OsoDelSol said...

Yeah. Electric clocks also have lights and wires. This kills me.